I know you’re thinking it’s Friday night at almost 10:00 PM, why am I posting?! Well, Kricket and I had to go to the grocery store (well several), had to pick up my ADHD medicine (very important) and if I don’t post this today then I throw all of my other posts off!
I saw a Reel on instagram that was talking about doing lettuce wraps instead of sandwiches. I’ve got to say her Reel wasn’t very inspired however, it was SOOOOOO hot the other day that I gave it a shot with turkey, mayonnaise, Muenster cheese and tomatoes. Can I tell you something the lettuce was so cold that it was the most refreshing lunch I’ve had in awhile.
- So here’s what you need:
- 2 whole pieces of lettuce. Spread them out but make sure they overlap.
- 2 slices of oven roasted turkey (DON’T use anything with honey! That’s more sugar + more carbs) If you can get it from the deli and not pre-packaged you’re better off.
- I used Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise and used the serving amount of 2 Tablespoons to stay in my macro count.
- 2 slices of Muenster cheese (check your cheeses beforehand because some have more carbs than others.)
- 2 slices of Beefsteak Tomatoes. (Try to get it as thin as possible because you’re going to roll)
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.