This has been my most popular meal plan post EVER so I thought I’d re-post it before I announce next month’s cookbook.
Update on this past week:
Kricket developed a diaper rash on Wednesday and was not in great spirits. Our pediatrician said that babies skin is uber sensitive when they’re teething. She’s only ever had one diaper rash before and it was when she cut her top two teeth. Those suckers came in at the same time!
Wednesday night we were supposed to go to a block party in the Bishops Arts District. Kricket was going to go to this with us . . .
We had a babysitter for Thursday night, this was going to be our first time going to a party since the plague hit. I was so excited I couldn’t decide what to wear, LOL. I even had you guys vote on which dress I should wear. By the way this was the one that won with flying colors!
Friday was my grandma’s 85th birthday lunch. It’s a three hour drive there and three hours back and I wasn’t comfortable with her being in a diaper that long.
Long story short we’ve been at home all week/weekend without pants on so that I can see the line on her diaper and get her in a dry one ASAP! Also, I was just exploring in her mouth and she has three teeth coming in right now so that’s what’s going on with Little Miss and explains everything!
Weekly Meal Plan for Monday, March 29 – Sunday, April 4, 2021
I am not a nutritionist or a chef. I’m just a mom that knows what flavors I like and that my family likes. The recipes that I’m sharing this week are some that David has made for dinner. Others are taken from this cookbook which is my April Book Club Pick. I will share the changes or additions I’ve made to the recipes and what page the recipes are on. As a blogger I understand that the author of the cookbook makes her money/livelihood through book sales. I will not share the recipe on my blog. I hope my readers will understand. This is a character decision for me. Simply Keto is the April book and it’s not only a beautiful book but it has all kinds of recipes. I will be using it for the entire month of April. I hope you decide to join my book club as we cook our way through gluten free and low carb recipes. Sometimes we even have wine! !
Monday – 10.3 total net carbs for the day
Breakfast – 2.6 net carbs
- Broccoli, Bacon and Cheese Egg Muffins (cookbook page 92) 2.6 net carbs
- Coffee (if you use cream try to use heavy cream there aren’t any carbs. If you use sugar or a sweetener try to use Stevia or a Swerve)
Lunch 1.3 net carbs
- Tuna Salad: 1 pouch of Tuna in water, 1 Tablespoon Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise (This is your healthy fat. There aren’t any carbs in the real Mayo) and 1 Tablespoon Dill Relish – 0 net carb
- 1/4 Roma Tomato chopped on top of tuna salad – .5 net carbs
- 2 Romaine Heats Lettuce Leaves – .8 net carbs
- Diet soda / Sparkling water with lime
Snacks – 2 net carbs
- Pearls To Go Kalmata Olives (Target has these if you don’t want to order them from Amazon) 0 carbs
- Lime Brussel Chips (cookbook page 138) 2 net carbs
Monday Dinner (Meatless) – 4.9 net carbs
- Portobello Margherita Pizza. (Cookbook page 150) – 4.5 net carbs
- 1 cup of fresh spinach tossed in light olive oil and sprinkled with Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning – .4 net carbs
Tuesday Dinner 12.2 total net carbs for the day
- Cheese Shell Tacos (cookbook page 158) 2.6 net carbs
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (cookbook page 243) – 4.2 net carbs
- Non-keto side: Instant Pot corn
Wednesday Dinner – 11.4 total net carbs for the day
- Chicken Thigh with salt and pepper: pour avocado oil on chicken. Massage onto chicken. Pour salt and pepper evenly over the top of chicken and massage all over. I find that fresh cracked pepper is where the flavor is at! Put on a baking sheet. Cook on 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Do not flip. – 0 net carbs
- Arugula Salad (cookbook page 230) 4 net carbs
- Canned green beans – 2 net carbs
Thursday Dinner – 10.9 total net carbs for the day
- Pork Chops: season with avocado oil, Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning, cover evenly. Cook in oven for 400 degrees for 40 minutes. – 0 net carbs
- Creamed Spinach (cookbook page 244) – 2.5 net carbs
- Extra Side for Non-Keto: Birds Eye Riced Cauliflower Savory Herb – 3 net carbs
Friday Dinner 13.7 total net carbs for the day
- Parmesan Crusted Salmon Bake with Asparagus (cookbook page 224) – 3.8 net carbs
- Mashed Cauliflower (cookbook page 246) 4.5 net carbs
Saturday 15.1 total net carbs for the day
- Breakfast: Sausage, egg and cheese breakfast bake (cookbook page 110) 2.6 net carbs
- Appetizer: Fried Mozzarella (cookbook page 142) 2.2 net carbs
- Chicken Parmesan with Zucchini noodles (cookbook page 194) 7.5 net carbs
Sunday Dinner – 16.7 total net carbs for the day
- Breakfast: Chocolate Chip Waffles (cookbook page 98) 6.3 net carbs
- Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola Sauce (cookbook page 164) 1 net cab
- Asparagus (1 cup) 4 net carbs
- Extra side: Birds Eye Mashed Cauliflower Sour Cream and Chive 7 net carbs
Be sure to sign up with your email address to receive the grocery list.
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.