This recipe was adapted from the Keto Instant Pot cookbook (page 284).
Let me first start out by saying I’m not a dessert person. However, David is and when we have dinner parties I ALWAYS want a dessert served. Plus the holidays are coming up and I want to make sure that I have some good choices to serve or take! I originally made this from the Keto Instant Pot cookbook and if you follow me on Instagram than you probably noticed I posted in my stories maybe a month ago that I was making this but that was it. I never posted pictures of it or talked about it again because it wasn’t good!
Fast forward to today and these are so delicious! They have just the right amount of sweetness. When you taste the mixture after blending you might want to add a little bit more sweetener but here’s the thing don’t forget that you’re going to put more sugar on top. For me that was the perfect amount of sweetness.
You might notice that the recipe says that it makes four servings and yes it does but I ate the fourth one before I could take this picture, LOL! This is a great dessert for a dinner party because it can easily be made ahead of time. Just don’t melt the sweetener on top until dinner time. Then let them sit out while you eat. The sugar will harden as it cools. I even made a cup of coffee the enjoy with this sweet treat yesterday afternoon. It would also be delicious served with champagne or a nice glass of red wine.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 teaspoons Swerve Granular Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (maybe + 1/8 teaspoon ) Xantham Gum
- 4 – 2oz Ramekins (these are the jars that I use)
- Aluminum Foil
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Trivet
- Oven Mitt
- Small Sauce Pan
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cooking Torch
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a slight simmer.
- Place the confectioners sweetener, egg yolks and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the cream and blend until smooth.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of xantham gum and blend until smooth. You want a nice silky texture. Mine was still pretty runny so I added 1/8 teaspoon more of xantham gum and blended again. This is personal preference but mine turned out DIVINE!
- Pour mixture into four 2oz ramekins. Cover ramekins with aluminum foil. I used Kricket’s glass baby food jars. I LOVE them for this because they have lids (don’t use lids in the instant pot, still use aluminum foil. I use the lids when I’m completely done)!!! They’re just not that pretty so I probably wouldn’t use them for a dinner party but they’re fine for us!
- Set trivet in instant pot with one cup of cold water. Place ramekins on trivet and seal the lid. Select pressure cook on instant pot and set the timer for 7 minutes. When they’ve finished use the quick release.
- Use an oven mit to remove ramekins from the instant pot. They’ll be HOT! Put in the refrigerator for two hours, do not remove aluminum foil. Tip: I made these over lunch and left them in the refrigerator until dinner. I didn’t do the next step until it was time to eat them.
- When they’ve completely cooled sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the granular sweetener on each ramekin. Use a kitchen torch to melt the sugar. Tip: you can also use a lighter if you don’t have a torch but it will take much longer!
- Let it set for a couple of minutes before serving. The sugar will harden as it cools.
What’s your favorite sugar free dessert?
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.