I had this dish when I was in the hospital delivering Kricket at Medical City in Dallas. I absolutely fell in love with the flavors and I think I had it every night for almost three weeks!
The red pepper sauce has been adapted from a red pepper purée that I found in one of my baby food cookbooks.
The steak in the hospital didn’t have very much flavor hence the sauce! So when I made our steak I only seasoned them with salt and pepper. If you’re going to Pan sear your steak make sure to let it sit out and come to room temperature before seasoning.
Let your Pan get hot before putting your steak in it. I let mine sit on the burner maybe 7-10 minutes. Add steak and a tablespoon of butter to the pan. Once you get to your preferred skin color flip.
Once I get the outside of my steak to my liking I put it in the oven on broil for 7 minutes. Once it’s done take it out and let it rest for at least 10 minutes. If you like it more rare than immediately cut it to stop the cooking process.
While my steak is cooking I used the same pan to cook the sliced zucchini, squash and onion. Once the vegetables had gotten a little blistered I lightly seasoned with pink Himalayan Salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
I used Green Giant’s frozen Cauliflower risotto. I cooked this just like I normally do with cauliflower rice. I add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, a tablespoon of butter, season with pink Himalayan salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
To construct this meal I did 1/2 cup of cauliflower on the plate first and flattened out. Then added 1/2 cup of vegetables again spreading out. Next I sliced the he steak essentially making a little tepee kind of formation. I put the sauce in a ziplock bag, cut the tip and drizzled over the plate.
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 small white potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup of water
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot steaming basket
- Put water in instant pot along with steaming basket. Put chopped vegetables in steaming basket.
- Turn instant pot to pressure cook and set timer to seven minutes. Once veggies are done cooking let pressure release naturally.
- Put veggies, olive oil, salt and pepper in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add water from instant pot in 1/4 cup increments until desired consistency is reached.
This meal took under 30 minutes, was delicious and filling.
What’s your favorite dish to make that’s under 30 minutes?
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.