This recipe was originally adapted from Simply Keto’s Keto Hot Chocolate Recipe which can be found on page 286.
That recipe was a little too runny for me because of the almond milk. That recipe also calls for unsweetened cocoa powder. I’m obsessed with Cacao Powder. It’s a great superfood that’s supposed to promote all of thee great things for our bodies.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I prefer Califa it has 0 net carbs but if the store doesn’t have it then Blue Diamond is also a good choice it has 1 net carb)
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve Confectioners Swetener
- 1 Tablespoon Cacoa Powder (8oz or 16oz)
- 1/8 teaspoon Xantham Gum
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan except for the Xantham gum over medium heat. Bring to a light simmer whisking constantly. The Cacoa powder is pretty thick and gets on the sides of the saucepan. Use a silicone spatula to scrape the sides.
- Once the desired temperature is reached add the xantham gum. Tip: I really like a milk based hot chocolate. I love the creaminess of this treat. I don’t feel like I get the same affect with the almond milk hence why I put a little bit of xantham gum in the mixture.
- Once the xantham gum is added whisk constantly. It will thicken up and begin to boil. Take it off of the burner, you don’t want it to burn!
- Use a ladel to put hot chocolate in each cup.
- I used smaller cups to serve this is and I was able to get two servings. If you use a traditional coffee cup you’ll probably only get one serving.
- Feel free to garnish with sugar free whip cream and maybe some Liliy’s sugar free chocolate chips.
Are you a hot chocolate person or apple cider?
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.