What have I been up to you ask? I’ve been doing the thing that annoys me the most … I decided to do a home improvement project right before the holidays!
I’ve also been dealing with this! All I did was walk by and say hi! Miss Kricket’s molars have been coming in as well as going through the terrible twos! Please send wine …
Weekly Meal Plan for Monday, December 13th – Sunday, December 19th, 2021
I‘m not a nutritionist or a professional chef. I’m just a mom that’s living with Celiac disease and diabetes. I know what flavors I like and that my family likes but most importantly I try to make REAL food. I know that most people don’t have time during the week to make elaborate dinners, so I try to keep weeknight meals as simple as possible. All meals are gluten free, sugar free, low carb and unless you’re adding the extra side or sides it’s also Keto friendly. I try to make food that has the same texture as close as possible to the real thing!
If you’re new to my blog I LOVE cookbooks and once a month I introduce you to a new cookbook that I’m loving. It’s my version of book club. We can’t always cook everything in one month and some dishes become my absolute favorites so they get put on rotation but you’ll see me referencing those books in our weekly meal plan.
Here’s my Gluten free, low carb, sugar free, keto meal plan for the week of Monday, December 13th – Sunday, December 19th.
Breakfast For The Week
- Sausage Egg Muffins (Southern Keto cookbook page 92) 2.6 net carbs
- Coffee (if you use cream try to use heavy cream there aren’t any carbs. If you use sugar or a sweetener try to use Stevia or a Swerve)
Lunch For The Week
- Chicken Caesar Salad: Instant pot shredded chicken mixed with Ken’s Cesar salad dressing – 1 net carb
- Serve on Sliced Tomato
- 2 Romaine Heats Lettuce Leaves – .8 net carbs
- Diet soda / Sparkling water with lime
Snacks For The Week
- Loaded Deviled Egg (Simply Keto Cookbook page 140 – 2 net carbs)
- Sliced Avocado
- Chicken Thigh with salt and pepper: pour avocado oil on chicken. Massage onto chicken. Pour salt and pepper evenly over the top of chicken and massage all over. I find that fresh cracked pepper is where the flavor is at! Put on a baking sheet. Cook on 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Do not flip. – 0 net carbs
- Roasted Broccoli (Simply Keto page 248 – 2.5 net carbs)
- Cheesy Caulirice (Southern Keto page 202 – 2.7 net carbs)
- Extra: Biscuit (Southern Keto page 72 – 1.5 net carbs)
- Turkey Tacos (Sugar free taco seasoning Simply Keto page 82 – 3.7 net carbs): brown ground turkey and add seasoning along with one cup of water. Cook until there’s no more water in the pan. Tip: I recently discovered these almond flour tortillas. They’re so much better than the gluten free tortillas. I felt like the gluten free tortillas were rubbery! These have 12 carbs and 4 grams of fiber so 8 net carbs. They’re about the same size as a corn tortilla.
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (Simply Keto cookbook page 243) – 4.2 net carbs
- Sautéed zucchini and squash Tip: I like to slice these and sauté them in a pan until they’re golden brown. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Extra: Guacamole (Simply Keto page 134 – 2.8 net carbs) served with pork rinds or bacon. Mac’s BBQ pork rinds are my favorite!
- Steak Tip: I like to season our steaks with Lawry’s Seasoning Salt and Lea and Perrin’s Worcestershire Sauce.
- Crispy Asparagus (Southern Keto page 211 – 2.4 net carbs)
- Cheesy Broccoli Caulirice: chop one cup of broccoli florets into bite sized pieces and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and set to the side. Cook cheesy caulirice the same way from Monday night. Once cooked mix in the boiled broccoli. Spray a small baking dish with non stick spray. I prefer avocado oil. Pour mixture into a small baking dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Place baking dish in the oven at 450 degrees just until Cheese has melted. Should not take any longer than 5 minutes.
- Extra: Wedge salad (Southern Keto page 138 – 6.4 net carbs), biscuit
- Leftovers or Pork Chops: season with avocado oil, cumin and oregano (see chop off post for pictures) , cover evenly. Cook in oven for 400 degrees for 40 minutes. – 0 net carbs
- Canned Green Beans
- Alfredo Zoodles: spiralize two zucchini then melt two tablespoons of butter in a large pan. Once butter has melted add zucchini. Sauté for 30-45 seconds. Just until warm. You don’t want to over cook or they will become mushy. For the Alfredo sauce use the recipe in Simply Keto on page 68 it has 2.3 net carbs and is delicious!c
- Caesar Salad with Ken’s Caesar dressing
- Extra: Canned Corn
- Chicken Cordon Bleu (Simply Keto page 192 – 2.3 net carbs)
- Creamed Spinach (Simply Keto page 244 – 2.5 net carbs)
- Chicken flavored caulirice: Tip: I use plain frozen riced cauliflower to make this easier! Take one chicken bullion cube, put it in a ziplock bag. Then take a rolling pin or meat tenderizer and crush. Cook caulirice on the stove in a medium to large pan. Sprinkle crushed bullionover the rice. Then add two tablespoons of butter and two tablespoons of heavy cream to the pan. Cook until there’s no more liquid in the pan.
Sunday Dinner – 16.7 total net carbs for the day
- Whole Roast Chicken (Instant Pot Keto page 222 – 3 net carbs)
- Mashed Cauliflower (Simply Keto page 246 – 4.5 net carbs)
- Roasted Carrots – Get Recipe Here
- Extra: American salad with ranch dressing Tip: I use Kraft Ranch. I find that it has fewer carbs for the serving size. It has 1 net carb for 2 tablespoons.), biscuit
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.