First let me start out by saying that this is Christmas week. I’m sure you’re calendar is full of holiday parties, get togethers and time with your family. DON”T stress about your macros!!! The best advice that I can give is just eat gluten free. It will keep the swelling down around your midsection and face. It’s also so much easier to get back on track after the holidays.
Weekly Meal Plan for Monday, December 20th – Sunday, December 26th, 2021
I‘m not a nutritionist or a professional chef. I’m just a mom that’s living with Celiac disease and diabetes. I know what flavors I like and that my family likes but most importantly I try to make REAL food. I know that most people don’t have time during the week to make elaborate dinners, so I try to keep weeknight meals as simple as possible. All meals are gluten free, sugar free, low carb and unless you’re adding the extra side or sides it’s also Keto friendly. I try to make food that has the same texture as close as possible to the real thing!
If you’re new to my blog I LOVE cookbooks and once a month I introduce you to a new cookbook that I’m loving. It’s my version of book club. We can’t always cook everything in one month and some dishes become my absolute favorites so they get put on rotation but you’ll see me referencing those books in our weekly meal plan.
Here’s my Gluten free, low carb, sugar free, keto meal plan for the week of Monday, December 20th – Sunday, December 26th.
Breakfast For The Week
- Bacon, egg and cheese sandwich – Use the drop biscuit recipe from Southern Keto page 72 – 1.5 net carbs
- Coffee (if you use cream try to use heavy cream there aren’t any carbs. If you use sugar or a sweetener try to use Stevia or a Swerve)
Lunch For The Week
- Chicken Salad: Instant pot shredded chicken (1 cup of chicken broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 chicken breast. Cook in instant pot for 20 minutes then do quick release. I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixed with the paddle attachment to shred) mixed with Hellman’s Mayo and chopped celery
- 2 ButterLettuce Leaves – .8 net carbs
- Diet soda / Sparkling water with lime
Snacks For The Week
- Salsa and pork rinds: Tip I prefer the On the Boarder salsa (2 tablespoons has 2 net carbs) Mac’s Bbq Pork Rinds (0 net carbs and only 80 calories!)
- Raw Almonds
- Chicken Thigh with ranch seasoning: pour avocado oil on chicken. Massage onto chicken. Pour ranch seasoning evenly over the top of chicken and pat to stick. Cook on 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Do not flip. – 0 net carbs
- Brussels Sprouts (Simply Keto page 250 – 6 net carbs)
- Mashed Cauliflower (Southern Keto page 210 – 4.9 net carbs)
- Extra: Biscuit (Southern Keto page 72 – 1.5 net carbs), Caesar Salad (I prefer Ken’s Creamy Caesar Dressing)
- Salsa Chicken : cook instant pot chicken the same way from lunch. I use 3oz of chicken as a serving and 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixed with 2 tablespoons of salsa = 3 net carbs. Stir until well combined and cream cheese is melted. Tip: I recently discovered these almond flour tortillas. They’re so much better than the gluten free tortillas. I felt like the gluten free tortillas were rubbery! These have 12 carbs and 4 grams of fiber so 8 net carbs. They’re about the same size as a corn tortilla.
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (Simply Keto cookbook page 243) – 4.2 net carbs
- Guacamole (Simply Keto page 134 – 2.8 net carbs) served with pork rinds or bacon. Mac’s BBQ pork rinds are my favorite!
- Extra: corn or black beans
- Steak Tip: I like to season our steaks with Lawry’s Seasoning Salt and Lea and Perrin’s Worcestershire Sauce.
- Crispy Asparagus (Southern Keto page 211 – 2.4 net carbs)
- Cheesy Broccoli Caulirice: chop one cup of broccoli florets into bite sized pieces and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and set to the side. Cook cheesy caulirice the same way from Monday night. Once cooked mix in the boiled broccoli. Spray a small baking dish with non stick spray. I prefer avocado oil. Pour mixture into a small baking dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Place baking dish in the oven at 450 degrees just until Cheese has melted. Should not take any longer than 5 minutes.
- Extra: Wedge salad (Southern Keto page 138 – 6.4 net carbs), biscuit
- Leftovers or Pizza: Pizza recipe is in Simply Keto on page 180 (7.8 net carbs)
- Caprese Skewers (Simply Keto page 124 -2.2 net carbs
- Stuffed Mushrooms (Simply Keto page 146 – 4 net carbs)
- Extra: Breadsticks (Keto Instant Pot page 62 – 6 net carbs) or Fried Mozzarella (Simply Keto page 142 – 2.2 net carbs)
Friday Dinner – Christmas Eve
- Takeout or Coconut Shrimp (Simply Keto page 120 – 5.4 net carbs)
- Fried Caulirice (Simply Keto page 242 – 6 net carbs) Tip: this is the gluten free soy sauce that I use
- Roasted Broccoli (Simply Keto page 248 – 2.5 net carbs)
- Extra: Egg rolls or dumplings
- Turkey or Ham sandwiches (CHRISTMAS LEFTOVERS!!!)
- Old Fashioned Green Beans (Southern Keto page 214 – 6.1 net carbs)
- Sausage cornbread dressing (Southern Keto page 208 – 4 net carbs)
- Lasagna (Instant Pot Keto page 172 – 5 net carbs)
- Creamed Spinach (Simply Keto page 244 – 2.5 net carbs)
- Breadsticks (Keto Instant Pot page 62 – 6 net carbs)
- Extra: Caesar salad
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.