- 2 Pork chops bone in
- 1 slice bacon
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Cast iron skillet
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Paring knife
- Silicone spatula
- Electric scale
- Electric thermometer
- Begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees
- Cook bacon in a small skillet. Once cooked lace on a small plate and dry off with a paper towel. Once cooled chop and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the bacon, chopped mushrooms, cubed cream cheese, rosemary and garlic. Gently stir.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork chop (Tip: do one at a time.) to the skillet and sear each side until golden brown. Place the first pork chop on a plate while you cook the second pork chop.
- Repeat with the second pork chop. Adding 1 tablespoon of avocado oil o the skillet and sear each side.
- Leave the second pork chop on the cast iron skillet but remove from heat.
- Cover the top of the pork chop with the mushroom, cheese mixture.
- Place the second pork chop directly on top. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place the cast iron skillet in the oven for 25-35 minutes. The internal temperature of pork chops should be 145 degrees.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Once resting time is up, place the top pork chop on one plate and take 1/2 of the filling and spread evenly. Place the bottom pork chop on another plate and spread the stuffing to evenly coat the top.
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.
Sign up here to subscribe to my newsletter. I post different content everyday on ALL of my social media platforms. This is the easiest way to not miss a thing!