FYI … These are different from my gluten free hamburger bun recipe. These aren’t as wide, they’re more like the size of slider buns / a little bit bigger.
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 mixing bowls
- Ice cream scoop (large)
- Silicone spatula
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- leveler (the back of a knife works as well)
- Microwave safe cup (to melt butter)
- Baking sheet
- Cooling rack
- Biscuit tray
- Oven mitts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl. Use a whisk until well blended. Tip: I like to use a metal bowl for the dry ingredients.
- Mix all wet ingredients in the other bowl. Use whisk, beat until well combined. Tip: if you do the dry ingredients first you can use the same whisk since it will be dry!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir using your silicone spatula. Make sure you really scrape the bottom of the bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Put batter in the freezer for 5 minutes. Tip: this is why I prefer to use a metal bowl, it gets pretty cold in the freezer!
- While batter is in the freezer line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use your ice cream scoop to get a uniformed biscuit size. Scoop batter and use silicone spatula to scrape excess off. Leave space between each biscuit. Tip: I leave about two fingers around all sides of each biscuit.
- Put baking sheet in preheated oven and cook for 17 minutes. Check biscuits and continue cooking until the top is a nice golden color.
- Carefully remove baking sheet from the oven and place biscuits on cooling rack. Tip: I like to place my cooling rack on top of a plate to catch any crumbs!
- If you’re not familiar with almond flour it firms up as it cools. Once biscuits have cooled put them in a ziplock bag and put in the refrigerator. Tip: I’ve found that by letting biscuits completely cool before putting them in the ziplock bag they stay perfect!
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.
Sign up here to subscribe to my newsletter. I post different content everyday on ALL of my social media platforms. This is the easiest way to not miss a thing!