This was one of those accidental recipes that has now become a family favorite! This recipe is different from my review of the creamed spinach from April 2021 book club.
I asked David to get fresh spinach at the grocery store (Yes, I even wrote down how much I needed.) and he came back with the smaller bag (5.5oz). HOLY MOLY! Using less spinach created the creamiest deliciousness.
This recipe takes less that 20 minutes to make and your kids or picky eaters will devour it. Trust me!
- 5.5 oz bag of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 fresh clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Paring knife
- Digital scale
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Silicone Spatula
- Non-stick Skillet
- Cutting Board
- Start by placing butter and garlic in the skillet. Cook until fragrant and the garlic is a light golden color.
- Add spinach to the skillet and begin to cook down.
- Once there’s room in the pan add the cream cheese and stir until well combined.
- Next, add the parmesan cheese and stir then add the heavy cream.
- Continue stirring until well combined and there are no clumps.
- Tip: You can season with salt and pepper if desired but I find that by using fresh garlic it gives it that bite that you’d get from pepper and the parmesan cheese is plenty salty for me!
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.
Sign up here to subscribe to my newsletter. I post different content everyday on ALL of my social media platforms. This is the easiest way to not miss a thing!