This recipe is from this months book club. Sweet & Savory Fat Bombs. The recipe can be found on page 106 and has 1.1 net carbs.
I’ve NEVER made fat bombs before and I’ve got to say these took a little bit of work but soooooo worth it! This is the perfect combination of cheesecake and ice cream that makes the best 3pm snack.
Holy moly these are delicious! Here are the changes that I made.
- The strawberries that used were still partially frozen.
- I used full fat creamed cheese.
- I used unsalted butter.
- I used confectioners Swerve
- I used 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Creme Stevia and did not use the sugar free vanilla extract or the liquid stevia since I felt like the vanilla creme stevia did both jobs.
- It says to use a food processor. I used my Ninja blender. It worked just fine. I did have to scrape the sides a few times with a silicone spatula.
- I used these cake pop molds. The directions say that they should hold two tablespoons. Each side of the mold holds about a tablespoon. By using frozen strawberries it made the mixture thicker and easier to fill the molds. As the mixture warmed up it became a little runny and harder to work with. I filled each side and then put them in the freezer for 10 minutes. after the 10 minutes I pulled them out and put the molds together to form the bomb / cake pop form. Honestly I kinda wish that I wouldn’t have put them together so that I could eat 1/2 at a time. They’re pretty hard and very filling. Just a suggestion …
Do you eat fat bombs? If so what are your favorite flavors? These were the first ones that I’ve ever made!
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.
Sign up here to subscribe to my newsletter. I post different content everyday on ALL of my social media platforms. This is the easiest way to not miss a thing!