- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (saved for later)
- 4 drops Vanilla Creme Stevia (saved for later)
- 8 4oz ramikens or heat safe cup (these are the ones I use and highly recommended)
- Blender or food processor (this is the gluten me I use and highly recommend)
- Instantpot (this is he one that I have)
- Trivet (I use this silicone sling/trivet and highly recommend this product! It’s very well made and easy to store)
- mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Silicone spatula
- Small whisk
- Small pot
- Aluminum foil
- Heat cream on medium high heat, whisking constantly. You want to cook until it’s very hot but not boiling.
- Put the other ingredients (NOT THE INGREDIENTS I SAY SAVE FOR LATER) in the blender or food processor and blend until it’s combined.
- Taste … mine was a VERY light brown color and bland. This is where I added the remaining cocoa powder. If you’ve used a different brand, etc. you may not need the additional cocoa powder.
- Add a single drop of the Vanilla Creme Stevia to each corner of the blender and blend.
- Pour mixture into ramekins. If you’re using the We Spouts cups that I use then pour to the cap line.
- Cover cups with aluminum foil.
- Put 1 cup of cold water in the Instantpot.
- Place 4 cups or ramekins on the silicone sling and lower into the Instantpot.
- Cook for 5 minutes then quick release.
- Pull the sling out and set cups to the side to cool off for 15 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil during this time. If you’re using the We Sprouts cups then you may throw the foil away. If not save for later.
- Repeat with the remaining cups/ramekins.
- When the 15 minutes are up put the lids or aluminum foil back on the cups and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours. This will give you the chocolate custard. Continue to the next step to get a Frosty like consistency.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes right before you’re ready to eat. This will give you that delicious soft serve texture!
I LOVE to have a Wendy’s Frosty with a side of their French fries … yum! Comment or like this post if you’d like for me to post about the Jicima French Fries that I created last week. They reminded David of Jack in the Box’s French Fries because of the way that they were coated. They took 30 minutes and have under 5 net carbs plus the serving was HUGE! So giant plus!
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.