- Boneless Steaks (pounded to 1/3” thick). Watch video for my explanation on this.
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour (this is the one that I used)
- 1 cup Almond Flour (this is the kind that I use)
- 1/8 teaspoon for each side of the steak Xantham Gum (this is the kind that I use)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- 2.5 teaspoons of Paula Deand’s House Seasoning + a little bit more for the gravy. (I keep this in my cupboard and use it on EVERYTHING! 1 cup salt, 1/4 cup ground black pepper, 1/4 cup garlic powder)
- 1 cup of beef broth
- Large / heavy skillet
- 2 Mixing bowls (I LOVE these pastel mixing bowls for the spring, see below!)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Meat mallet
- Pound steak until it’s 1/3” thick. Season all over with 1 teaspoon of the house seasoning.
- Mix together the almond flour, gluten free flour and remaining 1.5 teaspoons of house seasoning.
- In a separate bowl beat together the egg and 1 cup of cream.
- Coat the steaks in the seasoned flour, then in the cream mixture, then in the flour mixture. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of xantham gum on top of the steak. Press the xantham gum and flour coating into the steak (watch the video to see what I’m talking about if this doesn’t make sense). Flip the steak over and sprinkle with another 1/8 teaspoon of xantham gum and press that into the steak as well.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat (depending on the thickness of your meat … watch the video to see how my first one turned out. The oil was too hot)Cook the steaks until browned. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain all but 3 tablespoons of oil from the pan. Add 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture and stir until browned. Add the broth and cream and bring to a boil. Stir until thickened. Taste and add more house seasnoning to the gravy if you wish ( I like a peppery gravy). Serve the steaks smothered in gravy … YUM!
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.
Sign up here to subscribe to my newsletter. I post different content everyday on ALL of my social media platforms. This is the easiest way to not miss a thing!